- The EU headscarf ruling, or how to undercut your own argument.
- How Great Would This Be?
- This just came in through the contact form
- A Jet-Lagged R4
- Idée Fixe
- My Rejected Submission for "Thought for the Day"
- A Sense of Proportion
- My missed career as a theologian.
- Big increase in the price of paper ahead.
- Never as planned
- Wat de mens gescheiden heeft
- Found on an old hard drive
- Any sufficiently advanced technology
- "For A Successful Life"
- Awash with rage
- Watch, anyone?
- Stand Up for What You Believe in, or Maybe Not
- Convert Now, Before You Change Your Mind
- That Time of Year
- Group Smarts
- It's the Smell, Stupid!
- The Final Copernican Revolution
- The Long March
- Dalton's Beetle
- No problem
- A forum Moderator's Guide out of the Democracy Fallacy
Convert Now, Before You Change Your Mind
Some people change their opinion. Others go through a conversion. I think it was a case of the latter, when my great-great-great-great-grandfather announced before the Royal Barnstaple Society of Theology and Natural Sciences that he had seen the error of his ways: "After a lifetime of observations, and many further years of deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the moon is not made out of cheese, but out of butter."
He was stoned for heresy.
Tuesday 18 October 2011